In case you’re sleeping under a rock today, KDE is celebrating its 14th birthday. I still see myself as a newbie round these parts, but I can already think of fourteen things I’ve experienced that made me and make me part of KDE.
- To be free to try
- To be free to fail
- To be given the support to succeed
- To be welcomed
- To be treated as an equal
- To learn from the best
- To be thanked
- To help people beyond KDE, working for the same goals
- To use old skills and gain new ones
- To meet your neighbours from the other side of the world
- To become a pragmatist
- To remain an idealist
- To get it done
- To Join the Game, not only watch it
Or, in short, to be Free. Whether that is a means, an end or an effect, for me it describes everything we do.